Repairing a leaky faucet may be a simple fix, but if you aren’t sure what you’re doing then you could make matters worse.
Before you start there are a number of things you should do first including:
1) Turning off the water supply by locating the shut off valve. Most times there are more than one, an immediate one in the same room and possibly one near your water meter.
2) Make sure to pull out your replacement parts like washers and rings.
3) Block off drain so parts are not lost.
4) Unhinge the faucet, but do not try to force parts that will no longer move either due to corrosion or rust, etc. Try to lubricate those items with oil.
5) Make sure to take stock of the items so as to be able to reassemble everything.
If you can’t figure out how to fix the problem, you’re best best is to simply give us a call.
We fix leaky faucets for a living so rest assured we’ll handle the problem promptly and with little down time.
Your faucet will be as good as new.